I acknowledge by accepting this document that participation in eFoil training and operation of eSurfboards is a potentially hazardous activity. The activity involves risks, including serious injury and/or death.
- I understand that although E-Surfer.com / Lakeberg GmbH (hereinafter referred to as “Operator”) has taken all reasonable precautions to provide a seaworthy electric surfboard and associated equipment, as well as a well-trained and experienced instructor, and has made preparations for my safety as a passenger/rider, it is impossible for Operator or its contractors to guarantee my safety before, during, or after the training and operation of the electric surfboard.
- Therefore, I hereby waive any claim for damages against the Operator and its agents, heirs, representatives, employees and contractors arising out of my participation in the electric surfboard training and operation and related activities provided by the Operator or its contractors.
- I further acknowledge that I have voluntarily requested and agreed to participate in the instruction and operation of said electric surfboards and related activities offered and conducted by the Operator or any of the Operator’s contractors on the date of my signature below.
- I understand that the operation of electric surfboards is a potentially hazardous activity. Serious bodily injury or death may result from participation in the operation of electric surfboards. Risks and dangers include, but are not limited to, loss of or damage to personal property, violation of the law, injury or death resulting from electric surfboard training and operation, including electric surfboard capsizing, collisions with obstacles, accidents or illness in remote locations without medical facilities, hypothermia, and drowning.
- I voluntarily and with full knowledge of the risks and dangers involved, participate in the training and operation of said electric surfboards and related activities and hereby agree to accept and assume all risks of damage, injury or death and acknowledge this by signing below or accepting these terms and conditions online or in an app.
- I understand that I share responsibility for my safety and the safety of others, and I accept that responsibility. I agree to follow the instructions of the operator and its contractors prior to and during the instruction and operation of the electric surfboards. I acknowledge and will comply with the operator’s safety guidelines listed below:
- Safety Guidelines: The safety of the passengers/riders is the first and foremost concern of the Operator. The Operator or its contractors make decisions based on a number of factors. Some of these factors include: Weather forecast, weather and other conditions prior to and during preparation for instruction and operation of said electric surfboards. All decisions regarding safety, whether and for how long to instruct and operate said electric surfboards are at the sole discretion of the Operator or its contractor. It is at the discretion of the passenger/student whether or not to participate in the instruction and operation of the electric surfboards.
- To the best of my knowledge and belief, I have no physical or mental problems that prevent me from safely participating in the instruction and operation of the electric surfboards.
I acknowledge that I have carefully read this Acknowledgement and Release and fully understand its contents. I understand that the Operator and its contractors cannot guarantee my safety during the instruction and operation of the electric surfboards and related activities, and that this is a release of liability and evidence of a contract between me and the Operator or its contractors, and that I am voluntarily and willingly performing it of my own free will, in exchange for the instruction and operation of the electric surfboards provided to me as a passenger/student.